Duration: approx. 8 hours
The day tour will takes you to:
- Fort Adelaide - Citadel
- History of Port Louis
- Oldest race course in the southern hemisphere
- Natural History Museum (dodo skeleton-famous extinct bird)
- Pamplemousses Botanical Garden
- L'Aventure du Sucre
- Caudan Waterfront with more than 150 shops
- Lunch only (3 Course meal) at la Rose des Vents or La Terrasse or L'Escale restaurant
Enjoy a guided tour in Port Louis, the vibrant capital of Mauritius which is highlighted by a rich culture and historical architecture. You will become familiar with the local traditions while enjoying the local life. Your journey starts at the historical ruins of "Fort Adelaide" (Citadel) which overlooks the city of Port Louis and the harbor. You will have the opportunity to visit the "Champ de Mars" which is the oldest race course in the southern hemisphere or you can even assist horse racing on Saturdays (from May to November). During your excursion in Port Louis you will visit the Caudan Waterfront with its shopping centre and the National Historical Museum where you will see the skeleton of the famous extinct Dodo bird.
After lunch, your excursion continues with a promising trip to one of the oldest botanical gardens in the world with 500 different species of plants including the 300 year old ebony tree, giant water lilies and the Talipot Palm. Next, you will experience a visit at "L'Aventure du Sucre" a museum located in an old sugar factory and get the chance to taste a wide variety of local sugar with unique flavors.
Pick up & drop off: 09h00 to 17h00
- Russian, English, German guide available on request.
- Bookings need to be made at least 72 hours in advance